- Safely operates a semi, dump or single axle truck and is responsible for local delivery of materials.
- Navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on routes.
- Ability to operate a moffett, skid steer and highly skilled backing maneuvers are preferred, but not required.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.)
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Manager or Dispatch
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by the Company or Manager
- Notifies Manager of any incidents, accidents, injuries, or property damage.
- Notifies Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Manager or Dispatch.
- Completes and submits customer tickets and logs as required.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check-out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience operating a dump or flatbed straight truck
- Ability to operate both a manual and automatic transmission truck preferred
- Commercial Drivers License A (CDL)
- Applicant must be 21 years of age and possess an acceptable driving record
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review
- Ability to operate a moffett, skid steer and highly skilled backing maneuvers are preferred
- Demonstrated track record for sustainable safety performance
- Ability to build and maintain relationship with internal/external customers and service providers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Energizing, enthusiastic, “can-do” attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, loyalty, honesty, moral and ethical values.
- Drive an enclosed truck on a daily basis.
- Work outdoors while loading and unloading goods. Work indoors while driving or filling out paperwork. Indoor temperatures may not be controlled.
- Are often exposed to contaminants, such as diesel fuel or exhaust.
- Wear protective or safety attire on a weekly basis.
- Sometimes are exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures while working outside.
- May have to get into cramped positions to reach work spaces, such as the back of a truck.
- Sometimes exposed to hazardous situations that might produce minor cuts or scrapes.
- Occasionally exposed to bright or dim lighting conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to whole body vibration when driving a truck.
- May deal with sounds or noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Work close to others, especially when unloading trucks.
- The employee may lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Kurtz Bros., Inc. employees take pride in the company’s strong family tradition, history of growth and innovative approach to problem solving in the “green industry”. Since 1948 Kurtz Bros., Inc. has been a pioneer in caring for Ohio’s environment and natural resources. Using specialized techniques in resource management and sustainability, we produce the finest topsoils, mulches and composts for beautiful yards and gardens. As a multi-faceted industry leader committed to excellence in customer satisfaction, our company will continue to provide innovative products and solutions to the waste-to-resource and soil-related industries we serve.
With Northeastern Ohio distribution centers in Avon, Garfield Heights, Valley View and Willowick, and three locations in Columbus, Kurtz Bros., Inc. offers quality landscape materials, and more, to landscape professionals and home owners. Specializing in waste to resource solutions, Kurtz Bros., Inc. employs a Certified Professional Soil Scientist, LEED Green Associates and ICPI (Interlocking Concrete Paving Institute) certified instructors and also provide expertise in storm water management.
A diverse company, Kurtz Bros., Inc. provides quality products and services encompassing both the landscape and construction industries. At our construction demolition fill, we operate a MRF (material reclamation facility) which enables us to reclaim and recycle materials which in turn helps our customers earn LEED credits. Our container service also provides opportunities for us to remain responsive to the environmental and social needs of the community.
Kurtz Bros., Inc. continues to earn an excellent reputation for serving construction, demolition and recycling needs of industries throughout Ohio. Finding beneficial reuse opportunities for what others consider waste is what keeps us, and the industries we help, remain sustainable. We have a wide range of solutions that incorporate recycled materials. These actions help to extend the life of bulging landfills and tremendously benefit our fragile environment.
Today, Kurtz Bros., Inc. keeps service, manufacturing, and transportation groups, operative statewide. The landscape division offers products ranging from topsoil, mulches, and composts to paving stones, and everything in between. On the industrial side, construction fill, sand and recycled aggregates are top products. Our long-standing service of providing for Ohio’s landscaping needs, and protection of environmental interests remains our highest priority.
Through UnitedHealthcare, UMR and HealthSCOPE Benefits creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Kurtz Bros, Inc.
To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)